January 16, Daily Devotional ...... What does your clothing reveal about you?
What does your clothing reveal about you?
When we dress to show that we are a child of God, we should strive to be as wholesomely attractive as possible. Humility or spirituality is not demonstrated by looking run-down, sloppy or unkempt, nor is God pleased with such an appearance (Matthew 6:17-18).
The Christian’s body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 6:19-20). We dishonor Him when we abuse or fail to maintain His temple.
A Godly lady who wants her appearance to show that she belongs to the King will:
1. keep her hair clean and neat brush her teeth regularly.
2. have her fingernails well-trimmed and clean.
3. make sure her breath is sweet.
4. use deodorant.
5. have a clean and fresh complexion
6. use pretty fragrances when appropriate.
7. wear clothing that is clean and wrinkle free